5 Exotic Fruits to Taste in the Amazon Rainforest
The Amazon rainforest is home to exotic fruits that I never see in my local grocery store.
Here are five particularly tasty fruits that you should try during your vacation in the Amazon rainforest.
1) Cocona is a red, yellow, or orange berry that resembles a tomato. In fact, it tastes like a blend of a tomato and a lemon.
2) Araza is a juicy, yellow fruit. It has a bitter flavor. So, you’ll want to try it sweetened with sugar in a juice.
3) Carambola is a yellow, oval-shaped fruit with longitudinal ribs. It can have either a bitter or sweet flavor. The sweet version tastes mildly fruity.
4) Cupuacu is closely related to cocoa. It is a brown, oval-shaped fruit with a thick shell. This fruit is usually mixed into drinks or ice cream.
5) Maracuya is an egg-shaped, pale yellow fruit that can grow as big as softball. It is also known as passion fruit. You’ll find it in drinks, such as the Maracuya Sour, cousin to Peru’s national drink — the Pisco Sour.