Top 10 Experiences in the Amazon Rainforest
The Amazon rainforest is a really cool place.
Below are my top 10 experiences.
1) Being woken by howler monkeys instead of my iphone.
2) Talking to the local guides about what it was like to grow up in the Amazon.
3) Fishing for piranha to see their razor-sharp teeth.
4) Learning about plants that are the basis for many modern medicines.
5) Getting a jungle tattoo. It takes a few days to wear off. So, best not to get the tattoo done on your face!
6) Drinking natural juice made from fresh-picked fruit.
7) Going everywhere in a motorized canoe instead of a car.
8) Spotting wildlife, such as monkeys, parrots, and poison dart frogs up close.
9) Shrieking at the sight of a giant tarantula during the jungle night walk.
10) Eating lemon ants. Yes…I really ate ants.
If you’ve been to the Amazon, what were your top experiences?